Page created: 9-Apr-2012, updated: 30-Apr-2012, 01-May-2012, 03-May-2012, 14-May-2012, 28-May-2012, 30-May-2012, 10-Jun-2012, 17-Jun-2012, 5-Jul-2012, 3-Aug-2012, 21-Aug-2012, 26-Aug-2012, 2-Sep-2012, 5-Sep-2012, 13-Sep-2012, 24-Sep-2012.
Conference Dates: Monday-Friday, August 27-31, 2012
Location: Montrouge (Paris), France
Conference Hosts: Telediffusion de France (TDF) and the
National Association of Shortwave Broadcasters (NASB)
Documents and Presentations:
- Agenda of the Meeting (Members only)
- International Radio for Disaster Relief (IRDR)
- International Broadcasting - Challenges and New Opportunities
- RFI Presentation
- Sentech Presentation
- Thomson Presentation
- BBC Presentation
- DRM Presentation
- Minutes of the Meeting (Members only) NEW
Invitation, Hotel Booking and Registration:
At the HFCC Steering Board on Friday 25th May, the hosts of the upcoming HFCC conference in Paris informed us that the number of hotel registrations at the conference hotel has been very low so far. The hotel has informed us that they have block-booked enough rooms for participants to the HFCC conference. However, these rooms can only be held until 15th June. After this date, they will be available for general booking. As the hotel only has 130 rooms, participants to the conference are strongly urged to complete their registration by 15th June, in order to secure their room for the duration of the conference. Otherwise they may have to seek alternative, more expensive accommodation elsewhere and still have to pay the daily conference package of 70 EUR per delegate.
- Invitation Letter
- Hotel Booking Form plus Explanation
- Conference Registration Form
- Final version of the List of registered participants
Notes: - If you need an official invitation for visa purposes, contact Jeff White at the NASB
- Please, submit both the Booking Form (directly to the hotel) and the Conference Registration Form.
Conference Hotel: Mercure Porte d'Orleans Hotel in Montrouge, a southern suburb of Paris (exact address: 13 rue Francois Ory, 92120 Montrouge, France).
Incidentally, this is the same hotel where a previous HFCC conference was held in 1994. The hotel is much closer to Orly airport than to Charles de Gaulle airport. There is free wireless Internet access in all hotel guest rooms and meeting rooms.
Hotel Rate: 125 euros per night for a single room (one person), including breakfast, for the nights of August 27, 28, 29 and 30. 105 euros per night for the nights of August 24, 25, 26, 31 and September 1. 10 euros extra for a second person in the room.
Conference Fees: The HFCC Conference fee will be only 50 euros, payable in cash to the HFCC Conference registration desk upon arrival. However, similar to the B10 Conference in Switzerland, the hotel charges a daily conference delegate rate of 70 euros per person per day for Monday-Friday, August 27-31 (i.e. a total of 350 euros for the week). This amount will be charged to your hotel bill. The hotel's daily conference delegate rate includes three coffee breaks, a three-course lunch with mineral water and coffee, and the cost of meeting rooms, audiovisual equipment, etc.
Deadline for Conference Registration: The Mercure Hotel has a strict deadline of June 15 for conference registration. You must send your hotel registration form by June 15 with credit card details in order to guarantee your reservation. (Reservations can be canceled without penalty until July 10.)
Further details about the conference and the agenda will be published here in the coming weeks. Specific questions may be directed to Jeff White at the NASB (radiomiami9cs.com).
- How do I get from the airport to the Mercure Porte d'Orleans Hotel? - If you fly into Orly airport, the distance is shorter and a taxi costs only around 20 euros. If your flight arrives at Charles de Gaulle airport, the cost of transportation to the Mercure hotel is estimated at 60 euros by taxi. As an alternative, you can use the RER "B" train from CDG airport to the "Gentilly" station. From there, it is 10-15 minutes walking to the hotel (or a short taxi ride if you have heavy luggage). You don't need to take the metro. We estimate a cost of 10 euros by RER from CDG to the Gentilly station, and a travel time of one hour.
- Can my spouse or family members join us for lunch on the conference days? - Yes, they are welcome to join us at the conference lunch Monday through Friday. However, we need to notify the hotel in advance so they will have enough lunches. So please contact us at radiomiami9cs.com to let us know how many extra persons will be attending, and on which day(s). The deadline for notifying us is August 18, 2012. Please note that the price for each additional lunch is EUR 33.71 (including three courses, mineral water and coffee) and this will be billed directly to your room. Once the hotel is notified, these lunches cannot be cancelled.
- Can the hotel provide special meals for my dietary requirements? - The breakfasts are buffet style, so you can take what you want. For the lunches on conference days, there are three types of special meals available: Vegetarian (at no additional charge), fish (at no additional charge), and Hallal (for a slight additional charge which will be billed directly to your room). Please note that you must notify us at radiomiami9cs.com by August 18 if you wish to order these special meals for lunch.
[13-Nov-2023] - A24 registration and hotel booking opened on the A24 Conference Webpage in the Member's Area
[13-Nov-2023] - eHFBC - new ITU online platform for HF broadcasting
[30-Oct-2023] - B23 GOE report
[20-Oct-2023] - B23 plenary minutes
[9-Oct-2023] - B23 operational data snapshot
[10-Aug-2023] - Follow up on the questionnaire on transmitter tubes and table by CPI
[8-Aug-2023] - B23 initial tentative data snapshot
[26-May-2023] - Encompass Digital Media Ltd are broadcasting Democratic Voice of Burma (DVOB) 1230-1300 UTC (daily) from Dhabayya utilising IRDR frequency 21840kHz transmitting from 29th May for approximately 1 month, providing special programming to Myanmar in response to the recent cyclone
[20-May-2023] - Sad news about Tom Lucey
[1-May-2023] - Encompass Digital Media Ltd are broadcasting Agricultural Voices Syria 0300-0330 UTC (weekdays) from Dhabayya utilising IRDR frequency 11840kHz transmitting from 24th April for 2 weeks of special programming educating farmers on how to grow and manage crops within the disaster zone
[9-Mar-2023] - Deadline for answering the Questionnaire on Transmitter Tubes has been extended
[1-Mar-2023] - A23 GOE report
[28-Feb-2023] - A23 plenary minutes
[20-Feb-2023] - Reference tables updated (new station RAC)
[10-Jan-2023] - A23 initial tentative data snapshot
[15-Dec-2022] - A23 upload opened. Please review and confirm your contact details prior to uploading the initial version of your A23 data.
[17-Oct-2022] - FMO code FPU changing to JRC
[12-Oct-2022] - A23 Tunis and B23 Australia registration opened
[11-Oct-2022] - B22 operational data snapshot
[31-Jul-2022] - HFCC Announces the Passing of Dr. Jerry Plummer
[27-Jun-2022] - B22 upload opened. Please register for B22 coordination prior to uploading the initial version of your B22 data. This applies to all FMOs, including those already registered for B22 conference.
[18-May-2022] - B22 registration and hotel booking opened
[8-Mar-2022] - MBR will act as FMO for DWL from April 1st onwards. Migration of A22 schedule will proceed on March 9th
[24-Jan-2022] - RFP - Radio For Peace International have applied for membership. ITU Reference Tables updated
[17-Jan-2022] - A22 Coordination starts today with the Opening Plenary Meeting. An invitation link has been sent to participants registered.
[13-Dec-2021] - A22 Upload opened
[13-Dec-2021] - Please register for A22 coordination here
[8-Dec-2021] - You will be asked to register for A22 coordination prior to uploading the initial version of your A22 data. This will apply both to those coming to A22 conference and to those coordinating on-line. A simple registration form as well as the A22 upload itself will be opened on 13 December.
[15-Nov-2021] - A22 registration and hotel booking opened
[9-Sep-2021] - B21 data snapshot
[6-Sep-2021] - GoE Report B21
[29-Aug-2021] - B21 data snapshot
[16-Aug-2021] - Basic practical information to manage data for the HFCC Conference document available on the Basic Technical Reference webpage
[27-Jul-2021] - B21 and A21 data snapshots
[24-Jun-2021] - EUR Radio Europe Netherlands, Offshore Music Radio and ICON BV have applied for membership. ITU Reference Tables updated
[21-Jun-2021] - HFCC Report on Shortwave International Broadcasting 2020
[10-Jun-2021] - B21 upload opened
[8-Jun-2021] - B21 upload will be opened on Thursday, 10 June
[26-Apr-2021] - Please register for B21 coordination on the B21 webpage in the Members' area
[8-Mar-2021] - A21 operational data snapshot
[18-Feb-2021] - A21 coordinated data snapshot. Deadline for A21 Operational Data: 8 March
[25-Jan-2021] - A21 tentative data snapshot. Old converted A20/B20 data removed from main combined schedule
[21-Jan-2021] - A21 webpage in the Members' area has been updated
[8-Jan-2021] - A21 tentative data snapshot. A20/B20 data uploaded for some FMOs.